Search This Blog

Loading...

Inks, Pens, and Paper dissected here for your surfing pleasure. I'll be adding my PC to Apple Odyssey too, in the hopes of helping others out of the pit of Newb.

Monday, May 04, 2009

Noodler's Red Black

Ink Scan:


Overall Impression: What do you get when you mix red and black? Brown, or in this case brown with a very strong red tint. I like this color a lot, plus it's "near bulletproof!" A winning combination, I bought a bottle after trying a sample.

Color Category: Brown
Saturation: Good
Shading: Very Good
Drying Speed: Fair
Opacity: Good
Feathering Resistance: Good
Flow: Waiting for my bottle to test it
Bleed through Resistance: Excellent

Water Resistance: Excellent*
Light Fastness: Very Good*
pH: 6.4*
Archival: (pH neutral & light fast): Yes

Special Features: Near Bulletproof

Available in: Bottles Only
Quantity per Bottle: 3 ounce
MSR Price per bottle as of 4/12/09: $12.50
Price per mL: $0.14

Good Color Matches:

*From Clark, Greg; Fountain Pen Inks A Sampler; 2006 Edition, page 19

No comments:

Google Analytics

My Library

Blog Archive