Search This Blog

Loading...

Inks, Pens, and Paper dissected here for your surfing pleasure. I'll be adding my PC to Apple Odyssey too, in the hopes of helping others out of the pit of Newb.

Thursday, January 01, 2015

My Digital Ink Sampler

Total Reviews: 156; I've added at least 155 reviews of my bottled ink to date plus 1 ink sample review.


Total Scans: 127 Scans: 22 of bottled inks plus 105 of sample inks.


Total Inks scanned or reviewed: 283


Just click on the brand you're interested in to take you to the review links.

If you'd like a 1-2 MB picture, you can just click on the small post picture. A gigantic color corrected scan will follow. The full-sized image will depict more accurate representation of each ink color.

Aurora

Bexley

Caran d'Ache

Cross 

De Atramentis

Diamine

Fahrney's 

Higgins

J. Herbin

Lamy

Levenger

Montblanc

Monteverde

Namiki

Noodler's

Omas

Parker Penman

Parker Quink

Pelikan

Pilot

Platinum

Private Reserve

Rohrer Klingner

Sailor

Sheaffer

Smythson 

Stipula

Swisher

Visconti

Waterman

Yard-o-Led 

12 comments:

toyingwithlight said...

This is the most helpful ink website I've ever seen! Mere swabs by Q-tips just don't cut it, and you've done so much more. Thanks! ;) Hope you're on FPN! Cheers, Ruby

Kate said...

Thanks so much! I've been lagging on updating this site, but hope to complete my insanely huge ink sampler and post it by the end of this year. Encouragement like yours really makes it fun.

Of course I'm on FPN. That site rocks. I post under DilettanteG. Hope to see you there.

Christine said...

Your blog is amazing! I'm new to inks and I can't express how wonderful it was to come across this. Thank you!

Kate said...

Thanks so much Christine! It takes me about an hour to do each review, but this sort of feedback really makes it worth it.

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

J M Pennifeather said...

Hi Kate,

We think you have an amazing blog too, especially these ink reveiws I just found! We are a pen store in London J M Pennifeather and I wonder if you would mind adding us to your list of links??? We can also offer you a good deal as a pen enthusiast, just send an email to info@jmpennifeather.co.uk if you like any of the pens/inks we sell.

Best Regards,

Brian
J M Pennifeather

Kate said...

Hi Brian,

I'm glad you've found the site helpful. I have a lot of fun doing it, even if I haven't had much time for ink reviews lately.

I'm keeping my links non-commercial for now, but maybe your comment will get you some hits on google. I know I'm always happy to check out a pen store, even if they're an ocean away.

Cheers,
Kate

Anonymous said...

harmless-dilettante.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

DJ Yuletide said...

Super awesome site. I'd love a summary page with your overall recommendations for each color!

Kate said...

Thanks so much!

A summary page with overall recommendations is a great idea. I'll have to add one as soon as I finish reviewing my inks and posting scans of my samples.

I'm still working out my new scanner and iPhoto, so it might be awhile.

Brian S said...

I am curious about how you create your ink tests. On the right hand side you have three lines marked 1x, 2x, 3x - I assume that is with a q-tip (1 layer, 2 layers, etc). On the left hand side you usually have a large ink block that is lighter than the 1x. What do you use to create that?

Kate said...

Hi Brain,

You're exactly right.

1X= one swipe with an ink dipped Q-Tip
2X= two swipes with an ink dipped Q-Tip
3X= three swipes with an ink dipped Q-Tip

The lark block is simply me make a large, single layer swatch with the same wet Q-tip.

The multiple swipes are to test the ink's shading. (Shade or Color change with heavier deposit of ink.) I use a lot of italic, stub, and flex nibs so I really like inks with a bit of variation.

The big block is just to make the color easier to see without scrunching up your eyes and putting your nose an inch from the screen.

Hope that makes my blog more useful for you.

Cheers,
Kate

Google Analytics

My Library

Blog Archive